Monday, October 7, 2013

Bra-Vo Art Walk 2013


They didn't have a "currently kicking butt" sash, so they gave me a "Survivor" one.
On Saturday, October 5th, I participated in the Bra-Vo Art Walk. Myself, as well as other breast cancer survivors, family members and caregivers expressed their courage, strength and hope over the past few months using a bra as their canvas. These bras were then "purchased" and displayed in various businesses in Uptown Whittier to support breast cancer survivors, increase awareness of breast cancer and raise funds for the PIH Health Patricia L. Scheifly Breast Health Center.  Saturday was the kick-off to the month long art show for Breast Cancer Awareness.

My bra, "With Brave Wings She Flies", is on display at Pour Le Bain (that's me with the owner, Marilin Brinegar).  My friend Christine's bra, "Pink Cupcake" (which she dedicated to me!) is on display at Mozart the Salon.
Goodies at Village Sweets!
More bras on display!
Bras will be on display all month long, so go check them out! You can find a map of all the locations here: Uptown Whittier Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment